Question: How do I register for Company Update?
Answer: To register for Company Update to begin making changes to your commercial credit file, follow the below steps:
1. Navigate to www.companyupdate.com.
2. On the right side of the page, click "Register."
3. Enter your email address, first name, last name, and a password. Passwords should be at least 8 characters long and include lowercase, uppercase, numbers, and special characters. Then click the "Register" button.
4. Click "Accept & Continue" if you agree to the Terms of Service.
5. You will be greeted with a notice that explains what can be done inside Company Update. Click the "X" to proceed.
6. To begin registration for Company Update, click the "Get Started" button.
7. You must first search for your business before making updates. Enter the name of the business, city, and state and press "Search." After you locate your company, click on the name of the company and press the "Submit" button.
8. On this page, the company information is populated from the company you selected in the previous step. From here, you can update this information and add additional information. When all required information is complete, press the “Next” button.
9. At this point, you will be asked a series of questions relating to your identity. If you answer the questions correctly, your registration will be complete and you will be authorized to make updates.
If, during your identity authentication, you answer the questions incorrectly, your registration may fail. To read more about what causes Company Update authorization to fail, please click here.
If you have issues with or questions regarding use of Company Update, please contact one of our Credit Advisors by clicking "submit a request" in the menu bar above.